A flat tire, a car that refuses to start due to cold weather or headlights left on, keys forgotten on the seat or in the trunk, an empty gas tank in the middle of nowhere or a regular old breakdown…
With roadside assistance service, help in case of emergencies or unexpected problems like these is just a phone call away anytime, anywhere in Canada and the continental United States.
Get up to 4 service calls per eligible year for the following services:
Towing to an authorized garage of your choice within a 25 km radius of the site of the breakdown.
- Additional kilometres are at your expense.
- Only 1 tow per incident is covered.
- Battery boost
We will give you a boost to start the engine if the battery is too weak. If the battery boost doesn’t work, the vehicle will be towed according to program terms and conditions.
- Flat-tire change
We will replace a flat tire with your vehicle’s spare tire. If you do not have a spare, your vehicle will be towed according to program terms and conditions.
- Fuel delivery
We will deliver up to 10 litres of fuel free of charge if you run out.
If your vehicle gets stuck in sand, mud, snow or a ditch, we will pull you out. The stuck vehicle cannot be damaged and must be accessible from a normal road.
- Lockout service
We will unlock your doors if you lock your keys in your vehicle. If locksmith services are required, they will be covered by the program up to $50 (excluding parts).
- In the case of a broken key, the vehicle will be towed according to program terms and conditions.
- The service covers the cost of up to 4 service calls per eligible year for insured vehicle(s) on the policy.
- Emergency roadside services can be provided only for the insured vehicle(s).
Telephone service available 24/7, 365 days a year at 1 844 287-1680
- Available in English and French.
- Everywhere in Canada and the United States (except Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico).
- Requests are forwarded to external service providers selected by Assistel.
Roadside assistance service is for common emergency situations where a passenger vehicle is used to transport individuals.
This service does not apply to:
- Transportation of a vehicle:
- From an authorized or unauthorized garage, a snow-covered or icy driveway (snow removal not covered), vacant lot, beach, field, logging road, private road, road that is not maintained, graded or ploughed, or any other hard-to-access location
- To an unauthorized garage, private residence, salvage yard or warehouse
- That is stored, unregistered or not legally drivable (the vehicle must be roadworthy and propelled by its own power)
- That is not well maintained or for which routine repairs have not been made
- Whose driver is not fit to drive (under the influence of drugs, alcohol or fatigue)
- Towing or winching of an automobile with a gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) over 3,500 kg
- Snow removal from or around a vehicle
- Seasonal tire changes or installation or removal of chains
- Repeated service calls for a poorly maintained vehicle or a vehicle in need of repairs
- Parts, labour or repairs required as a result of the breakdown
- Accident-related incidents (collision, pothole, bump or impact, whether or not another vehicle is involved, that could make the vehicle unfit to drive), fire, theft and vandalism
- Costs related to any damage caused to the insured’s vehicle by the external service provider during the emergency service
- Service or commercial vehicles, or any vehicles with snow removal equipment, ladders, lifts or other equipment
- Recreational vehicles (motorcycles, mopeds, snowmobiles, house trailer, camper, road trailer or other equipment)
- Unattended vehicles (someone must remain with the vehicle at the breakdown site at all times)
- Costs related to lost work time or any other expense due to a delay in service
Special terms and conditions
When reimbursement of service charges is authorized, it is made in accordance with the commercial rates in effect in the region where the breakdown occurred and the limits and conditions of the roadside assistance program. For the reimbursement request to be admissible, the insured must furnish proof that the service was provided by a certified emergency service professional.
If, for valid and verifiable reasons, the insured is unable to reach the roadside assistance service and is obliged to obtain service otherwise, they must pay the bill and forward the original within 30 days of the service to obtain a refund.
It may happen that the roadside assistance service is unable to find a roadside assistance provider. In these circumstances, after receiving authorization, the eligible driver may contact a certified emergency service professional directly. The insured must pay the bill and forward the original within 30 days of the service to obtain a refund.
One (1) service call will be deducted from the maximum number of four (4) service calls per year of eligibility in the following situations:
- If the insured vehicle is left unattended or if the vehicle is no longer at the breakdown site when the external service provider arrives In such cases, the roadside assistance service does not intervene
- If after having requested a service from the roadside assistance service, the insured wishes to cancel it or no longer needs the service
Any misuse, misrepresentation or fraud during a service call may result in the program administrator refusing to cover the service cost or reimburse expenses.
The Personal refers to The Personal General Insurance Inc.
The Personal roadside assistance service is administered by Assistel Inc. and is offered free of charge to holders of the Desjardins Unlimited package for CSQ members and The Personal car insurance under the CSQ plan between May 1 and November 1, 2019. The Personal car insurance under the CSQ plan must be effective no later than January 1, 2020.
The Personal roadside assistance service is administered by Assistel Inc. and is offered free of charge to holders of the Desjardins Unlimited package for CSQ members and The Personal car insurance under the CSQ plan between May 1 and November 1, 2019. The Personal car insurance under the CSQ plan must be effective no later than January 1, 2020. If you hold the Desjardins Unlimited transaction plan for CSQ members and a The Personal car insurance policy under the CSQ group insurance plan, you are automatically eligible for roadside assistance from The Personal for one year.
Certain restrictions, exclusions and limitations may apply. The offers and savings may be modified or terminated without notice.